To ensure Rx manufacturing systems, processes and work practices are consistent with other Client sites and to ensure customer requirements are met.
As per the organizational structure, this position will report directly to the General Manager who will be responsible for Mass production and Rx production.
Join a high performance management team. Assume responsibility for the management of all aspects of the production operation. The Manufacturing Manager is a proactive, strategic thinker whose skills contribute to the efficient, systematic and profitable operation of the Rx production department. You will provide overall leadership and direction to direct reports responsible for production, distribution logistics and maintenance operation. You will implement strategies’ to increase efficiency, maintain quality, and ensure continuous improvement. This manager has the proven ability to lead and grow the production team using Lean manufacturing principles.
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical / Industrial Production / Chemical)
· A background and experience in manufacturing and coordinating a high volume, process industry related production operations.
· Knowledge and experience with team building, and team related activities to be used for problem solving and efficiency improvements.
· A tertiary qualification in science, engineering, process engineering or related discipline would be an advantage.
· A high standard of written, verbal and computing skills are required.
· Democratic leadership style and skills consistent with above are critical to the success of this position.
· Willingness to listen and take direction when appropriate in specific circumstances is necessary for effectiveness in this position
· Five (5) years of equivalent managerial experience in a process industry
Proven history of successful goal setting, achievement, and employee management.
· Positive “can do” attitude
· Customer focused
· Forward thinker and planner
· Problem solver and pro-active solution seeker
· Strategic thinker with proven analytical abilities.
· Committed to values and actions that assure premium brand execution
Has actively participated in designing & implementing Quality, Safety & Environmental Management Systems
Excellent strategic planning expertise
Proven success with efficient production line organization and output improvement.
Experienced team builder and participant
Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to motivate and lead a diverse work force to achieve desired results.
Proven history of successful creation and implementation of training programs & operational procedures
Knowledge of Six Sigma & Lean manufacturing and the ability to lead team to constant lean improvement
· Responsible for reaching and maintaining top-level service rate and delivery time
· Responsible for maintaining high quality rates
· To meet all strategic objectives of the ‘Business Plan’
· Ensure systems are in place to achieve all targets as per ‘Business Plan’
· Maintain clear communication with all relevant parties, particularly when variations affecting the processes occur.
· Create, develop and lead a motivated and committed, skilled team.
· Develop effective work teams to improve process and outcomes.
· Optimize implement and successfully manage production efficiency and quality standards.
· Manage day to day activities of the manufacturing process to assure that safety and best practices are maximized
· Analyze and implement process flow improvements, to include capabilities for growth.
· Develop and oversee implementation and administration of departments policies, systems, and procedures.
· Determines optimum staffing model for the department
· Prepare operational analyses for the department.